Michelle Smith Levitin Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Michelle Smith Levitin?

professional and knowledgeable

Posted on January 31st, 2017

dr. smith levitin spoke to us about our pening premature birth at the hospital and was knowledgeable and I thought very open minded and informative.

She doesn't care

Posted on October 1st, 2013

Dr was continuously on her cell phone during a very difficult consultation about terminating a pregnancy due to severe birth defects. We were escorted into her office and she was on a call which lasted quite a long time. My husband and I, both with tears in our eyes and barely able to function, had to listen to her personal call. When she finally got off the phone, she didn't even say hello or introduce herself - just started off by saying "so what day are you coming in for the termination?" I know this is just "another day at the office" for her, but it was the most difficult day of our lives and I will NEVER forget her unprofessional, uncaring attitude. She should not be practicing in a field like this. She also told us (regarding trying to conceive again) that it is "not fair to an unborn child to try to get pregnant when there are risks involved." This made us feel like if we were to get pregnant again and something went wrong - it is our fault. By the way - the high risk was my age (42) - lots of women have children have 42. A more tactful way of handling this would have just been to explain that there are still high risks and let us come to our own conclusion - not make us feel like we are bad, selfish people for wanting to have a child. Here words haunt me every day.

Alarmist Doctor

Posted on October 23rd, 2011

She is an alarmist doctor who jumps to a very easy and quick amnio procedures - either you need it or not! We had 2 pregnancy's and both became high risk based on her exams, and both very normal at a second opinion! She even went that far that asked us to think about termination with our identical twin boys; which of course was far away from what we got at Cornell hospital......Second pregnancy - by chance she walked in the room at our first test and of course she came up again with her statistical numbers and calculations which AGAIN were waaay off and she was AGAIN pushing for amnio procedures! She even went that far that she changed the numbers in the chart...very unprofessional and painful experience! I hope nobody will go through her hands like we did.

Horrible Doctor!!! Stay away!!

Posted on May 16th, 2011

Upon our first visit instead of introducing herself as my obgyn- the Dr who will deliver my child in 6 months, She yelled at me telling me that I had to do what she wanted and that my decision not to test for Down Syndrome was very uneducated. When I told her I would not terminate the pregnancy regardless of the outcome, she told me then I should leave and go see a mid wife. How is a dr like this allowed to be an obgyn? As women we expect compassion and courtnessy, and at the very least a little bit of respect. I want nothing to do with this Doctor and I suggest you stay away as well, Unless you like to be degraded and humiliated!!

Posted on December 18th, 2010

Always a treat when a doctor takes personal family calls on their cell phone while diagnosing a high risk pregnancy. This site may need to update to a five star rating with the lowest being horrendous, because a poor bedside manner rating is too good for this woman.

Posted on August 2nd, 2017