Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michelle Sweet-Albores
Dr. Michelle Sweet-Albores, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Downers Grove, IL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sweet-Albores is affiliated with Edward Hospital, Hinsdale Hospital and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Michelle Sweet-Albores has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Cholesterol Management
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I have never had a better doctor, (and both of my brother in laws are doctors!) .Dr Sweet-Albores is not just an excellent Dr but an excellent human being. She never rushes, always really listens, follows up on everything. She is caring, and so warm and compassionate. You could not be in better hands. She also takes care of my Mom. Thank You Michelle!
I have been really blessed to have had Dr. Sweet as my primary care physician for at least 20 years. She is kind, thorough and really listens to her patients. My sister and mom also go to Dr. Sweet and have followed her from Rolling Ridge, to Downers Grove and now to Hinsdale, which is quite a trek for us. Dr. Sweet was the one who has guided me through the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer and I couldn't ask for a better person to answer my questions, work on balancing my meds and helping me through the fears that are natural with this diagnosis. I don't understand the awful review given by one of these people because in all of those years I have never known anything but kindness and professionalism. I strongly suspect that the negative review came from someone who is mixing up doctors. I know there is another Dr. Sweet in the area, you may want to check and see if you are reviewing the right one because the person you are describing cannot be Dr. Michelle Sweet-Albores. I highly recommend Dr. Sweet!
Dr. Sweet-Albores is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
21 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
Dr. Michelle Sweet-Albores accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Health of Downers Grove, 5207 Main St, Downers Grove, IL
Dr. Michelle Sweet-Albores is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Downers Grove, IL.