Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelle C Villarta has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Michelle C Villarta has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Michelle C Villarta is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
My child had a horrible ear infection, a fever of 103.2, and severe nausea. Not only did they make us wait more than 1h35min but the staff were rude. She had no patience with my child, and was down right mean to her. I am not one of those parents that run to the doctor about nonsence but her lack of courtesy, patience, kindness, and sincerity was terrible. She chose to just prescribe antibiotics- no testing or proper evaluation was provided. And she only saw us for less than 5 minutes. I ended up having to take my child to the ER later than night because she failed to appreciate the significance of the infection which was viral not bacterial- you cant just give someone antibiotics without proper testing. My child went through so much discomfort and tears due to her inexperience. She was more focused on her blackberry than my child for those few minutes. Worst doctor ever.
great pediatrician! I hope she never leaves boston and takes care of my kids till they're adults!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
16 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2002
University Of Michigan Hospitals And Health Centers
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Fremont Medical Center, 39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA
Dr. Michelle C Villarta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fremont, CA.