Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Miguel A Delgado MD
Dr. Miguel A Delgado, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Jefferson, NY, with another office in Port Jefferson, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Miguel A Delgado has 2 locations
125 Oakland Ave Ste 303
Port Jefferson, NY 11777
Book Online Now
Dr. Miguel A Delgado has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Miguel A Delgado has the following 9 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Miguel A Delgado - Posted on April 20th, 2018
A lifesaver. Literally and figuratively. We are so lucky to have found him to help us navigate difficult times. We are lucky and grateful.
Not caring or careful!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Miguel A Delgado - Posted on September 19th, 2013
This doctor prompted me to start a medication in addition to one I had been taking for 11 months. When my symptoms worsened, he advised me to stop the drug I had been taking for 11 months, without titration! I experienced such severe withdrawal symptoms and all my inquiries to the doctor were left unanswered! His next step, after almost 2 weeks of flu-like symptoms (headaches, joint pain, vomiting etc) was to INCREASE the medication he had Prescribed, causing MORE symptoms. He was thoughtless with his approach and cold in his demeanor. I was advised by two of his colleagues to find another doctor.
28 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1990
New York University
Dr. Miguel A Delgado Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
Locations & Directions
Dr. Miguel A Delgado is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Port Jefferson, NY.