Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Miguel E Gonzalez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Miguel E Gonzalez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Miguel E Gonzalez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I haven't been to the doctor in over 9yrs and finally decided to go. I chose Dr. Gonzalez because my insurance company rated him well and he was close to my home. When I called i got an appointment for the very next day. When I got to my appointment the staff was very welcoming and helpful. I saw the nurse within 10 minutes and the doctor within 25. I told him my history, he asked me a series of questions and then gave me a full exam. I was nervous at first but over all it went very well. Gotta say i think I picked a good doctor.
Prescribed a medication that caused my mother to have an incessant cough and vomiting for a year. She kept complaining as she got weaker and weaker, and he never realized the medicine was the cause. It took her going to the hospital for a doctor there to immediately connect the symtoms to the medication, and changed her medication. After getting out of the hospital, she visited Dr, Gonzalez for follow-up, and also needed two prescriptions. The insurance required his office to verify that one of the prescriptions was needed, and even though his office said he would call...he never did. The following day, the doctor informed me that he was busy, works a lot of hours, and has no time to be calling an insurance company. He said my mother should pay for the medication herself, if the insurance would not pay for it without him calling. He is rude, ignorant, and does not care about his patients. After this incident, she immediately changed doctors.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Gonzalez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Miguel E Gonzalez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & DirectionsFamily Physicians Of Leesburg, 801 E Dixie Ave Ste 101, Leesburg, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Miguel E Gonzalez in this video.
Dr. Miguel E Gonzalez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, FL.