Dr. Miguel R Portocarrero Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Miguel R Portocarrero?

Dr. Portocarrero is a caring and knowledgeable physician. I genuinely trust his professional judgment. However, I cannot rate him higher than 1 star as he employs and tolerates a staff that could not care less about his patients. For example: 1) I had to wait 10 days (after placing about a dozen calls to his office) for the results of Doppler exams to detect blood clots in my legs. Currently I am in my 12th day awaiting the results of an echocardiogram. Today, I was informed the results of the echocardiogram cannot be located. These results are crucial as the technician who performed the echocardiogram informed me the walls of my heart had thickened and my heartbeat tended to skip. I have repeatedly made Dr. Portocarrero’s medical staff and nurse aware of these comments to no avail; 2) Compounding the administrative nightmare here is the remark one staffer made earlier this week: “Dr. Portocarrero does not give his patients feedback on the tests he orders” and “Results are provided to your primary care physician who should contact you about them”. This, I know, is untrue; 3) Callbacks are essentially non-existent. One office answering machine states: “Leave your name, birth date, phone number, and message. I’ll get back to you as soon as it’s convenient for me”; and 4) Further, one of Dr. Portocarrero’s offices does not take incoming calls. I could add more but am too discouraged to continue. While a very good physician, Dr. Portocarrero is a willing party to this chaotic office environment. He, for some reason, has not taken the steps necessary to alter and improve it. Thus, his own overall rating suffers as he is his staff’s CEO. To wit: At my last office visit Dr. Portocarrero said: “Hound my staff for your test results---drive them crazy”. It’s apparent he knows his staff well!

caring for special Patients

dr. Portacarrero takes his time with me and i never feel rushed. He's all over the place getting you the referrals you need, explaining recent tests, and asking how you feel at the moment. I have a rare disease and feel confident that he will see me through it both professionally and with are.

Dr. Miguel R Portocarrero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kissimmee, FL.