Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mihail M Moroianu
Dr. Mihail M Moroianu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Henrico, VA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Moroianu is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital and Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest. Dr. Moroianu has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mihail M Moroianu has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 19
After my illness was found to be not rheumatological, Dr. Moroianu persisted in investigating possible diagnoses and was instrumental in determining it was actually an extremely rare autoimmune disorder, he contacted the foremost expert in the US for confirmation, and shared his findings with my neurologist and hospitalist at the hospital whete I was admitted. Thanks to Dr. Moroianu, I was successfully treated and fully recovered.
Dr. Moroianu has taken excellent care of me. I have complex autoimmune and liver disorders and Dr. M is always ahead of the game. He has no problem reaching out to my other specialists and he's always very kind. I find him highly intelligent and easy to communicate with. I would recommend to my friends and family without hesitation.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Moroianu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Carol Davila University Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1984
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Mihail M Moroianu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPremier Health Care Associates, 7702 E Parham Rd Ste 101, Henrico, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mihail M Moroianu in this video.
Dr. Mihail M Moroianu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henrico, VA.