Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mike C Umerah has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Mike C Umerah has the following 8 expertise
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
- Nerve Damage
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Mike C Umerah has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 71
Dr. Umerah is such a nice guy. I've heard a lot of stories that I question motives on about him being rude. My experience with him was wonderful. The wait time is a bit long but most pain management offices are. He took time to answer any questions I had as well as explained in full detail my condition. I was very please overall with the entire visit. I appreciate that he isn't rushed and spends time with each patient to get to know them and familiarize himself with their condition and lifestyle to make the best treatment plan possible for them. If you are considering Dr. Umerah I would say meet him and his staff before making a judgement. I'm glad I did. Be blessed.
There is a post dated Nov 2016 regarding Dr. Umerah and his prescribing an outrageous amount of medication to include fentanyl with Percocet and XanaX. I personally know this is a lie because he will not prescribe XanaX at all., to anyone. I have been a patient since 2008 and though there are some long waits, overall my experience has been nothing but positive. pleasant. He is professional, learned and kind and once getting to know him you will find no better pain doctor. It disgusts me that people post blatant lies about Dr. Umerah. SEE HIM AND MAKE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENTS.
Some question his knowledge but remember it would be nearly impossible to breeze through both medical school AND a specialist training. He is trained as an internal Med doc first then even more school so he had to know his stuff. Over all he cares for his patients and yes there are long wait times because it's a difficult if not the most difficult patient population to treat. You won't leave here in pain, if you go to another pain clinic you will wait just as long and have the pain covered up with meds and epidural procedures since they reimburse the most money.
Dr. Umerah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
St Joseph Ann Arbor Hospital
Dr. Mike C Umerah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsMike C Umerah Md, 1109 S Main St, Searcy, AR
Dr. Mike C Umerah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Searcy, AR.