Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Milagros T Rivera has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Milagros T Rivera has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Milagros T Rivera has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Milagros T Rivera is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Only one visit to know this is the worst medical office I have seen.I was to this office with dispnea. 62 years old,diabetic T 2,High blood pressure, high cholesterol, hypothiroidism:1 no diagnosis2 she order only labcorp3 she seid the EKG was normal4 she seid she ordered stress test and rx torax but I never saw any order, paper or phone call5 no comments about my lab testsappoinment in eleven days6 five times calling the office to cancell my appoinment.
I never realized what a wonderful doctor Dr. Rivera was until I transferred to another MMT clinic, and saw how horrible doctors could really be. I am now thinking about transferring back to her. I would recommend her to anyone for she is very precise in her presribing of medicine, but at the same time she has the patient's comfort in mind. She also is open to a patient's input which can't be said for many doctors.
25 Years Experience
San Juan Bautista School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
St Josephs Medical Center
Dr. Milagros T Rivera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Milagros T Rivera, MD - Family Medicine in Savannah, GA, in this video.
Dr. Milagros T Rivera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Savannah, GA.