Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mildred M Bennett
Dr. Mildred M Bennett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Plano, TX. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Bennett is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. Dr. Bennett has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mildred M Bennett has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Bennett is great. Her staff is not. If you leave a message for the nurse/dr. to call back, expect to call multiple times because they do not return calls. You can leave a message in the morning and wait all day and no call back, leave multiple messages, nothing. When you finally call enough times to reach them, they are dismissive.
I felt Dr. McAfee listened and analyzed carefully my concerns. She studied my medical history in advance and I left with confidence she was sincerely concerned with my overall well being and not just a quick fix for what was ailing me that day. She represents the profession as it was intended. Caring, focused, extremely knowledgeable and providing guidance/insight into the long term health of the patient.
Dr. McAfee not only spent more than the standard 7.5 minutes with me (she spent almost an hour) but she listened to everything I said carefully, took her time, did a full examination, and did not cut corners in labwork orders. She has a wonderful beside manner and you know she really cares about treating you and not rushing you out the door with a "see if this works" prescription.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2011, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bennett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Mildred M Bennett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mildred M Bennett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.