Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Millard J Collier Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 22
My expectations for physician is very high, being a nurse of more than 30 years. Courtesy and respect is an ethical value that all medical professionals should possess. The value of another human being time, health, and self worth is to be considered by all professionals who provide services to the community. Waiting over 2 hours to see a specific Dr. ( Dr. Collier), then you get a Dr, or NP that you are have no idea of who she is, whom is tired and apparently overworked through her lack of display of care and courteouness during the office visit. It is most disrespectful to take off a day of work from your job for a Dr. appointments and then be told once you are signed in sitting in the lobby for over 30mins, that the Dr,just "text" that he would not be in. Dr. Collier is not a surgeon or an OB specialist to disrespect his clientelle in this manner. And although the majority of Dr. Collier patients may be indigent, this is the chosen profession in which he sought in private practice and still need to respect the clientelle, and be bit more courteous and respectful to this same clientelle that continues to put food in his mouth. "Regardless of where you climb in life, you must always remember how you got there, which is your heritage."(dw) Thank you .
Dr. Collier has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever visited. He is courteous, takes the time to listen, and genuinely cares about the patient. He will research anything that he wants more information on and does not mind telling you that he will do that! I am overweight and most doctors blame everything on my weight (even a sinus infection) and do not act as if they even want to treat me. Dr. Collier is not like that. He makes you feel comfortable from the beginning and listens intently as to the problem that prompted you to make an appointment.
The office personal has improved over the years, but there's still work to be done with thier customer service and professionalism. The wait time can be slightly long, but once you do see Dr. Collier you forget about the staff and wait time. He experince and professionalism places you at easy and is reassuring. I also appericiate his honesty and straight forwardness. I'm not excusing the staff,but enduring the first part to reach him is worth it.
33 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Southwest Medical Center
Dr. Millard J Collier Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Millard J Collier Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.