Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Milton D Harris
Dr. Milton D Harris, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC, with another office in Advance, NC. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Novant Health Medical Park Hospital and Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center. Dr. Harris has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Milton D Harris has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Milton D Harris has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Milton D Harris has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Milton D Harris is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
my experience with Dr. Harris was fantastic, he is very professional, and explains your condition so that it can be better understood I highly recommend him. Thanks for the good service Donnie McDaniel .
My first visit with Dr. Harris . I can tell you , the man is knowledgeable and careful in details . He explains treatment and listens to me and my concerns as well . He is gentle , kind and very funny . Sense of humor is Wonderful . Like they say , laughter is great medicine . I want go anywhere else . I have found a great cardiologist . My husband likes him too! Thanks so much .
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1968
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Milton D Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Milton D Harris in this video.
Dr. Milton D Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.