Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Milton K Erman has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Milton K Erman has the following 10 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Milton K Erman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Milton K Erman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
I saw Dr. Erman for a consult, sleep study, then follow-up after a sleep study. Three visits total. I have had insomnia most of my life and this was my first visit to a sleep clinic and boy was I excited! I have been having suicidal thoughts and a profound feeling of distress do to my elevated insomnia. I spent my initial 1 hour consult explaining to Dr. Erman, that I have taken EVERY medication and holistic treatment known to man for my insomnia, to no avail. I explained that I had taken ALL the PAMS and LAMS, Xanax, Ambien and Lunesta and all home remedies etc. etc. etc. and felt "in-crisis". He is about 80 years old and I figured this man had seen it all and would be able to help me. So what does he do? Prescribes me a "PAM"....which did not work. Upon my last (3rd) visit, he says in a very terse voice...."Well I dont know what you want me to do. I have thrown the entire Pharmacopia at you!". He repeatedly got my notes incorrect and likes to hear himself talk. He is more of a "company figurehead" than a helpful Physician. This is how he treats a patient in crisis? I left, never to return....however I hear Dr. Cetel "thinks outside the box", so I may try her instead. Real "in-depth" work there Dr. Erman!
43 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Milton K Erman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsPacific Sleep Medical Services, 2420 Vista Way Ste 115, Oceanside, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Milton K Erman, MD - Sleep Medicine in Oceanside, CA, in this video.
Dr. Milton K Erman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oceanside, CA.