Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mimi N Ton has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mimi N Ton is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
We saw Dr Ton for two years. When we first started seeing her I asked if my daughters GI issues could be caused by a potentially serious birth defect that a friends toddler had died from. Dr Ton actually laughed at my suggestion and said it was impossible. She diagnosed my daughter with something much more minor instead. My daughter continued to be constantly sick, and I told Dr Ton the medication she prescribed didn't work. I asked if we should do more testing or try different medications. She said it was normal with my daughters "condition" to not be completely helped by medicine, and that we should not do more testing as there was nothing else to test for and we didn't want to expose my daughter to unnecessary radiation. Two years after we began seeing Dr Ton my daughter nearly died, and we found out that she did indeed have the exact birth defect that Dr Ton had laughed at me for asking about at the start. Dr Ton would have found it had she ordered a very common diagnostic test. Dr Ton made me feel like I was just a paranoid mom on more than one occasion over the years. She didn't listen to the severity of my child's symptoms, and missed several very blatant signs of my daughter's true diagnosis. My daughter survived by pure luck, and would have been dead within the next few hours thanks to her misdiagnosis. My daughter also needlessly suffered for two years, spent a lot of time in the hospital (which resulted in a lot of medical debt for our family), when a simple surgery was all that was actually needed to correct her birth defect. Please don't risk your child's health, search out a different pediatric GI.
18 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Mimi N Ton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewark Beth Israel Medical Center, 201 Lyons Ave, Newark, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mimi N Ton in this video.
Dr. Mimi N Ton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, NJ.