Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mimi A Zumwalt
Dr. Mimi A Zumwalt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lubbock, TX. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Zumwalt is affiliated with University Medical Center. Dr. Zumwalt has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Mimi A Zumwalt has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Zumwalt makes you feel welcome and like she has been your best friend all your life. She will explain everything from the lest important to the most important. She is always glad to see you and will give you simple things that will make your recovery faster than you would have dreamed of. She is my first pick.
Dr. Zumwalt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Mimi A Zumwalt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th St, Lubbock, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mimi A Zumwalt in this video.
Dr. Mimi A Zumwalt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.