Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Meena B Bhatt has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Meena B Bhatt has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
Unfortunately my schedule is tight. I can't afford to be waiting for as much as 90 minutes beyond a scheduled appointment only then to be placed in an examination room and then wait another 30 minutes for the doctor. Most of the patients in the waiting room say this is somewhat typical of their experience, but they are retired and accept it since they don't have anything else to be doing. I'm still working and take time off for my visits. I can understand the occasional exceptional delays, but I've tolerated this for years and now am finding a new doctor. Dr. Bhatt has given me excellent care and referrals, but she is in total denial of her flawed appointment system. So if you have nothing else to do besides sit in a doctors office, she's the right choice!
I am relatively new to this area and was nervous at the thought of switching doctors. For most of my life, my doctors would proclaim that I was "healthy as a horse." Something happened in my 40s and things took a sharp downturn. I have had to deal with multiple conditions including one with the potential to be quite life-limiting. I have *never* had a doctor spend so much time with me. Never. Not ever!. Dr Bhatt was perhaps the most thorough physician that I have had experience with. I will not say how long she spent with me but it was unheard of in this day and age. I felt like she actually listened and thoughtfully considered how to proceed with each of my concerns. I left the visit feeling confident that I was not going to be another statistic who slipped through the cracks. I was filled with a sense of certainty that I was in very good hands. I would totally love to recommend her to all of you but then I might be able to get in to see her again. No, in all seriousness, she is a fantastic doctor. If I could give her 10 stars for Spends Time with Me and Bedside Manner, I would.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Woodhull Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Meena B Bhatt accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMeena B Bhatt Md, 103 Tomoka Blvd S, Lake Placid, FL
Dr. Meena B Bhatt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Placid, FL.