More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Minal Giri MD
Dr. Minal Giri has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Minal Giri has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Minal Giri is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Minal Giri - Posted on March 27th, 2015
My daughter has been a patient here since she was born 8 years ago. We left the practice for another doctor when she was a few months old because the wait was so long on recommendation of a friend. The new doctor was rude, not as empathetic and concerned with his patients as Drs Giri are. Came back after a few months. Even though there are visits where we wait for a few hours, it's always been worth it due to the quality of the visit, the politeness, excellent medical knowledge and the fact that my daughter is treated with care and investment. Would never change and highly recommend.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Minal Giri - Posted on September 4th, 2013
Don't even bother going
Self-verified patient of Dr. Minal Giri - Posted on November 6th, 2012
I went because the doctor had good reviews and a short wait time. Important with an infant. Got there and there was not one available seat and patients were sleeping in the waiting room. Not because they were sick but because they has been waiting for so long. I made sure that I had the first appointment with my doctor. An hour and twenty minutes later I asked if she was even there and I was informed that she had five patients ahead of me. I deduced (the receptionist is almost mute and English is not her first language) that she was seeing her father a patients before my son was to be seen because he was behind schedule. So I left. None of the patients waiting in the waiting room covered their coughs or sneezed how you are supposed to.
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. Minal Giri Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsMELROSE PARK PEDIATRICS, 8319 W North Ave, Melrose Park, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Minal Giri, MD - Pediatrics in Melrose Park, IL, in this video.
Dr. Minal Giri is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Melrose Park, IL.