Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mindy Kwan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mindy Kwan has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Dr. Mindy Kwan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Please do yourself a favor and avoid Dr. Mindy Kwan. She seems knowledgable enough but is one of the rudest, coldest people I've ever met. I'd think to be an OB/GYN you'd have to have a bit of compassion as you're dealing with very sensitive women's issues...I've honestly never written a review on here but just felt I had to share my horrible experience to save anyone looking for a new doctor from wasting time and money. What an unnecessary frustration!
Easy to get an appointment and the wait wasn't bad but Dr. Kwan herself is cold, unkind, patronizing and unsympathetic. Isn't the doctor the most important part of the experience? I suffered two miscarriages and when I cried at a follow up appointment she looked confused and said "are you devastated or something?" - when I became pregnant again and was nervous in the beginning she very coldly told me "it's gonna be a long 9 months if you act like this." My new doctor is such a vast improvement - actually human.
The waiting time for an appointment was excellent, the wait in the office was average, Dr. Kwan seems to be well read and knowledgeable about her specialty, but I didn't feel any warmth or compassion. Maybe it was just an off day. I will give her one more chance before moving on.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Lenox Hill Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKp Redwood City Medical Center, 1150 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mindy Kwan in this video.
Dr. Mindy Kwan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.