Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Minerva D Arrienda has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Minerva D Arrienda has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Minerva D Arrienda - Posted on August 19th, 2015
I was a patient of Dr. Arrienda for about 5 years at the VA hospital in Spokane, WA. She always treated me with dignity and respect. There were many times I needed to get something from her such as a letter for disability purposes or a letter to get out of jury duty. Dr. Arrienda always wrote a professional, true assessment and was prompt in delivering these letters. But by far, the best thing about her was her bedside manner. She actually listened to what I was saying instead of already having an opinion when I walked in the door. I always felt she was my advocate. I trusted her implicitly and I was greatly saddened when she retired from the VA.
Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital
Dr. Minerva D Arrienda Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsROY W SCHLEGEL MD, 2428 W Reynolds Ave, Centralia, WA
Dr. Minerva D Arrienda is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Centralia, WA.