Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ming Chiu
Dr. Ming Chiu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Petersburg, VA, with another office in Colonial Heights, VA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chiu is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital, Southside Regional Medical Center and John Randolph Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ming Chiu has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I have known Dr. Ming Chiu for more than twenty five years. I met him when I was the admissionâs officer at the Colonial Heights Convalescent Center. We were in need of Doctors who would come into our facility and treat patients. He was recommended by a family member whose parents he was attending. I scheduled an appointment to interview Dr. Chiu and was very impressed by his conversation. I soon became a patient myself. The care he provided to me convinced my husband to choose him as his primary care physician. We feel that he is an excellent and highly skilled and gifted physician. He goes above and beyond to help diagnose our medical problems. One of the things my husband and I like about Dr. Chiu is when the diagnoses is beyond his expertise he will not hesitate to recommend a specialist. Additionally Dr. Chiu has a excellent office staff who always greet you with a smile and are more than willing to assist. We would recommend him not only to family and friend but to anyone we come in contact with.
Dr. Chiu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henrico Doctors' Hospital
Southside Regional Medical Center
John Randolph Medical Center
CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus
44 Years Experience
Taipei Medical University
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Ming Chiu accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ming Chiu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Petersburg, VA.