Dr. Minh Han Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Minh Han?

Disgusting! !!

Posted on May 19th, 2017

So glad we switched Doctors !!! Dr Han always said inappropriate things &sadly I'm not surprised to hear this horrible story about him!!

Sexual Predator

Posted on May 18th, 2017

He has been arresting for sexually assalting a patient in the office.

Posted on November 28th, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Han for years, and I would never go to anyone else. I have referred so many people to him. He gives me all the time I need. But that doesn't mean he's slow b/c sometimes I only need a little of his time, lol. But when I need a lot, he makes me feel like he has all the time in the world for me, even though I know he's super busy. So, when he's late, I know he's helping someone like he's helped me.

awesome doc

Posted on November 22nd, 2016

Dr. Han is Amazing!

Posted on September 28th, 2015

He spends more time on his laptop rather than actually checking the patient

Doctor's Response

I appreciate the frank input. I'm sorry I gave you the impression that the laptop was more important than you. One of the biggest challenges I have is how to balance the need to listen and connect with my patients with the requirement of specific documentation to satisfy the requirements of ProHealth, the insurance companies, Medicare, regulatory agencies, attorneys, the ACO, PCMH, DEA, and a host of other acronyms. I tell my patients all the time, "This is not why I went into medicine." But at the same time, you would be pretty upset if I didn't get your story documented accurately. And if I don't document right at the time of visit, there's a good chance I'll forget to write something down that could be important later. That said, if there is ever a time when you feel like I'm not paying as much attention to you as you would like, just let me know, and I'll be happy to close the laptop for a while and give you my full, undivided attention. Regards, Dr. Han

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Dr Han is passionate caring individual a doctor that truly cares for your well-being. His compassion for his job is always expressed through his work ethic as he takes the time necessary to listen to all my concerns and needs as a patient. His holistic approach to care is something I love about him always considering the whole bodies health, physical, emotional, and spirit. I highly recommend Doctor Han to everyone.

Doctor's Response

Thank you David. I really DO try to care for everyone's well being, including yours. Of course, it's easy to care about you because you yourself are a caring individual. And you give GREAT hugs! Blessings, Dr. Han

Over 10 years with MD

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Our doctors for over 10 years. Would not change!

Doctor's Response

Merci beaucoup, mon ami! Je suis honoré d' être votre médecin. And you know what, I think we're getting close to the 15 year mark. Crazy, huh? So many things have happened, both good and challenging, over that time. The best of all of it has been watching the boys grow up to be fine young men. I also cherish the fact that you would invite me over to the house to work with the bee hive or enjoy a pig roast. Connecting with patients and having them become friends is one of the treasures of what I get to do. Here's to another set of 10 or 15 years of adventure!

Posted on August 29th, 2015

He believes that anyone can mentally overcome any ailments. He's very good to talk to and for moral support, but he does not utilize his medical knowledge to the best of his ability. He would rather exhaust all and every other possible non-medical treaments rather than perscribing medication which has successfully passed through many trials. He has, on many occasions, pushed an expensive spiritual retreat, stating that it "would help me overcome my situation" and that it will "change my life for the better," as an alternative to actually giving me medical advice.

Doctor's Response

T, I'm sorry you feel this way about the care I have given you over the years. And the only reason I know it's you is because you have, in your disgruntlement, felt it necessary to post a negative review on multiple web sites, a few with your name attached. I of course respect your privacy and the sanctity of the physician-patient relationship. But, that doesn't mean I can't respond to your negative comments in a respectful but honest way. I am sorry if I somehow have given you the impression that I believe "anyone can mentally overcome any ailments." OF COURSE I don't believe that! If a person has high blood pressure, diabetes, or cancer, s/he cannot just mentally overcome those ailments. Treatment requires careful attention to appropriate medical management with the most targeted, cost-effective medications. However, it is also true that non-medical treatments can play a role in overall health, sometimes a major one. The patient with high blood pressure should decrease her salt intake. The man with diabetes should decrease his sugar/fat intake and exercise more. The person with cancer should consider cutting out processed foods and add antioxidants to her diet. She might also consider doing yoga to relax, going to a counselor to work through the emotional trauma of a cancer diagnosis, or EVEN going to that DiscoveryPrograms.org that you have vilified to discern what other positive influences for herself she can find. In all of these cases, considering the non-medical treatments does not exclude the use of pharmacologic ones. And in fact, the two work much better together than either one of them by themselves. As a family practice doctor, I want to be able to use EVERYTHING at my disposal to help my patients get to a place of greater health, be it holistic or pharmacologic. Even in your own case, I have utilized both prescription medications and non-pharmacologic modalities to address the various medical issues for which you have sought my advice. As for Discovery, which you have described as an “expensive spiritual retreat,” I am sorry you have felt that I had been "pushing" it on you. Discovery is a nonprofit organization run by volunteers and is open to everyone of all races, religions, sexual orientations, and political affiliations. It is not spiritual per se, and it does not tell people what to think or believe but rather provides a space of unconditional love and non-judgmentalism to allow people to discover for themselves what areas in their lives are keeping them from living as full and rewarding a life as possible. If I have suggested Discovery to you, it would be because I found great benefit from it MYSELF, and the only compensation I receive are the good vibes I get from knowing I have helped someone I care about get to a better place in life. I get those same good vibes from helping a diabetic get to goal, an alcoholic get sober, a drug addict stay clean, or an infertile couple conceive. In fact, EVERY PATIENT who entrusts his or her health to me I consider a humble honor. Sometimes, through the course of caring for a patient, I have to delve into areas that are embarrassing or uncomfortable for both of us. But I do it because I know it’s the right thing to do to get a person better. If there have been times through the years when my addressing sensitive areas has made you uncomfortable, I apologize. I had no other reason than to help you. One of the positive comments you posted about me on a few review sites was that I was a good person to talk to. I REALLY appreciate that comment, because it’s one of the most important things I strive for: to be a doctor who a patient can feel comfortable enough to talk about anything without fear of judgement or rejection. If there is one aspect of my care I would want to be known for, it would be this one. I might be a great diagnostician, clinician, and proceduralist—and I would like to think I am all of those things— but without that ability to connect with patients, everything else doesn’t matter. T, I have been your doctor ever since you were a young teen, and I have greatly enjoyed watching you grow up to be the incredibly smart, college-educated young man you are now. I've even told your brother, who, as you know, is also my patient, that I thought you were very sharp, quite the physics and math wiz. I'm so happy for you that you have moved on to seek higher education and a phenomenal job. I wish you the absolute best in all of your endeavors.~Dr. Han

Great first experince

Posted on August 13th, 2015

I went to the walk in center on Tuesday, in the same building as Dr. Han. The walk in was extremely busy with an emergency so the wait was long. All of a sudden this doctor walked up, called my name, and asked very nicely if I minded walking to the other side of the hall and he could help me with the problem with my ear. I said "of course" and he mentioned right away that he had medical students and did I mind. I replied of course not (they have to learn and I am all for that) and we went in. I had a VERY capable med student named Avi (not sure if I am spelling that correctly) who helped me immediately with my issue, with compassion, care and a great bed side manner for a young student. Dr. Han then returned, asked Avi a question and then asked me how I was, asked me a series of questions and checked what was done. All of this with great humor and ease. We chatted about my Endocrinologist and a few other doctors and I was able to go on my way, hearing and feeling good. If I need to switch my primary doctor Dr. Han would be my first choice. I appreciate how he was the only one in the medical office side offering to help out the walk in center. That is a doctor in this for the right reason. Thank you Dr. Han and to your students who took great care of me and helped out on Tuesday where you saw a need.

Doctor's Response

Sue, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review, not only of me but of Aivi as well! I hope it's OK with you that I pass along this exceptional compliment of Aivi's performance to her med school advisors. I know it will be such an encouragement to her. I'm so glad we both got to be at the right place at the right time to help someone out as nice as you are. Call it karma, or the Golden Rule, or whatever, but I firmly believe that the more an individual puts positivity into the world, the more likely it will return. I want to finish each day feeling like I've made a difference in someone's life, and the gratitude I have for my own blessings helps me sleep well at night. My best wishes for your continued health and happiness! ~Dr. Han

jack of all trades

Posted on May 31st, 2014

I don't like the idea that he has medical students discussing my medical issues; thinks he is a cardiologist and paints a negative picture and is evasive!. Also, experience counts in the medical field!

Doctor's Response

Dear Sir or Madam, For over a dozen years, I have served as an assistant clinical professor for the UConn Health Center, and the office has hosted excellent medical students from UConn. My office web site states this clearly, and there is a form on the web site for patients to fill out confidentially if they prefer not to have a medical student present during the interview or exam. Furthermore, at the time of visit, every patient is asked if she or he would like to have a med student. Any patient who declines a medical student absolutely has their wishes honored. If there was the small chance the nurse negelected to ask you, I apologize. I would respectfully ask that in the future, you be honest and let someone know you do not want students involved in your care instead of going through the entire visit and then voicing your disgruntlement anonymously on an online review. I am sorry you felt that my remarks were evasive or negative. Since I don't know who you are or the specific situation, I cannot comment specifically, but I can give some general possible explanations. First, I do not mean for my comments to be evasive, but it might seem so when a symptom or condition might have a multitude of possible causes. For example, a person with a cough could have allergies, asthma, pneumonia, or even a cancer. Chest pain might be heart burn or a heart attack. Without further information, it would be impossible to nail down a definite diagnosis. And because many symptoms can have serious causes, and it is my responsbility to list those possibilities, you might have interpreted that as a negative comment, which I assure you was not my intention. If you felt that I was negative, maybe you could have told me this during the visit and given me the chance to clarify my meaning. I do not think I am a cardiologist. However, I do my best to diagnose conditions and deal with problems to the very limit of my ability before sending a patient to a specialist, which would cost you a lot more money. However, there are times when a condition goes beyond my scope of practice, and a referral to a specialist is an appropriate step. Those specialists by definition are masters of their chosen field. If you feel like you would benefit from the input of a cardiologist, you are welcome to request a second opinion, and I would be more than happy to refer you to one as well as send all the relevant labs and studies I have collected. It also appears that you did not feel that I was punctual for your visit. It could be that patients before you came in with particularly challenging issues that took more time than expected. As you can imagine, I have no way of telling what issues or surprises might arise when a patient walks in the door. I thank you for your patience with me when I'm running behind. Some day, you might be that person who needs a bit more time than allotted, and I hope the other patients will be forgiving when that happens. And finally, as for my medical experience, I have been in medicine for twenty years and have done more than twenty medical mission trips around the world, often seeing a hundred patients a day. So, I assure you I have a substantial amount of medical experience. That said, there is always more to learn, and I strive to do so. Although I am not perfect, I strive for excellence. If there is a way I or the office as a whole can do a better job with patient care, I invite you to let us know. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Han

Many good points about Dr. Hahn

Posted on May 25th, 2013

I have spent much time choosing my doctors and I feel I couldn't have a better one to help me handle the "issues" I am facing at this time in my life. Despite financial issues. He is one of the very few health care professionals that treat me as a "whole" person. By that I mean he is attuned to both the physical, psychological/emotional and spiritual parts of me. He takes time to listen to me even beyond what should have been the allotted time and I can feel his compassion when I see him. I realize that I probably make him late for his next patient but he has been a little late for my appointment but I don't mind, I know that the previous patient is getting the excellent care he provides. Dr. Hahn is not judgmental with me at all. He makes quiet (well sometimes not that quiet - If only I could get you to fly to ------!) suggestions regarding my life, both physically and emotionally. He knows just when to push and when to lay back so that I don't feel guilty . On a different front I am very moved by the service he provides overseas and the folks are very fortunate to have him. He does not seem overly focused on money....and how could he be given he is practicing family medicine. Yeah...one of those top money making specialties :-) . In some ways I feel like he embodies the craft which he enjoys - Origami (he tells me it helps the kids learn about colors) since he has taken a raw one dimensional object and has bent himself and folded very carefully and precisely until each of the bends and folds result in a 3 dimensional being created with great care and forethought. We see this along with the colors....

Doctor's Response

This is a very nice review you have given me. It is a great honor to take care of you, and I wish you continued health and happiness.

The Best Doctor Ever

Posted on March 2nd, 2013

Dr. Han is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor I have ever seen. To have a doctor that genuinely expresses interest in his patients is not easy to come by these days. He listens intently and is interest in the well-being of his patients. He is personable as well, and not arrogant as many doctors are. I would recommend him and his staff (Amber and Mike) who are also extremely helpful and caring to anyone. I am thankful that I have such a wonderful PCP.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive words, Stacey. It has always been a pleasure to take care of you. I enjoy the fact that we can laugh together every time you come to the office. It's patients like you that make coming to the office every day a pleasure. Best, Dr. Han