3.6

Highly Dissatisfied

One of the best doctors I have ever seen

I saw Dr. Mahata for a complex endocrine issue. I have seen literally dozens of other doctors for this condition, most of the time the lack of concern or knowledge of other doctors just cost me money, time and made a stressful and difficult situation worse. Dr. Mahata not only took the time to go over my very complex history (she referred to it as a "saga"); she is very knowledgeable about the condition and treatment options; she took time to thoroughly explain the treatment option the thinks is best for me and her reasoning. I am so relieved to have finally found a doctor who is knowledgeable, compassionate and caring. I feel a sense of relief I have not experienced in years, knowing I can trust my healthcare to her.

Awesome Doc.

I have been coming to see Dr. Mahata for several years now.She has helped me SO much with my diabetes. When I first arrived at her office my blood sugar numbers were sky high ...she has my A1C in a very safe zone and keep me on my toes. I really enjoy going to see her....she listens carefully and always gives me great advice. I would not want to go to any other Doctor....She is just a great Doc. and person.....Thanks Dr. Mahata !!!!

I wouldn't take my dog to this doctor. She is a horrible person who is obsessed with control and not patient care. She lets you know she is doing you a favor by seeing her and that her time is valuable. She needs to be in a group with more than one physician so she can get some perspective and lose her god complex. She's rude and lacks empathy and respect.

Nice but does not know how to treat Hashimoto's properly

Dr Mahata has a very pleasant manner, but she refused to treat Hashimoto's properly with full testing and considering Natural Desiccated Thyroid. I waned to like her but sadly had to move on to a doctor who works more holistically and looks at more than limited labs.

The very worst doctor EVER

Awful. I wish I could give her less than one star. A horrible and nasty person, who is incapable of empathy. I arrived 17 minutes late for my appointment as my GPS had problems locating Dr. Mahata's address. As I was apologizing about this to the receptionist, she said it was a common occurrence and happened all the time; apparently, most GPS programs send patients to the wrong location. Had I know this, I would have allowed extra time to arrive. As it is, I am 45 minutes away from this location. I arrived immediately after lunch, there were no patients in the waiting room, nor other cars in the parking lot. Thus, while not impossible, it appeared extremely unlikely that additional patients were being seen at that time. The receptionist went to tell the doctor I'd arrived. I heard the sound of her voice and a nasty curt reply. She returned and reported that the office had a 15 minute rule, which meant if a patient was more than 15 minutes late the doctor refused to see that person. I've never experienced this before, nor heard of such a rule. I know a fair amount about medical practices as my grandfather, father, and sister-in-law are doctors and I worked in all their offices as a student. I asked if this rule appeared on the practice's website or the intake papers I had signed. It does not. Indeed, it doesn't actually appear anywhere.I apologized again, referencing the GPS problem (of which they were aware), and explained it would be very hard for me to reschedule the appointment. Not only do I live 45 minutes away, but I also have five children, a very young one requiring transport to and from school and another whom is home schooled. I offered to wait as long as possible so the doctor could fit me in her busy schedule (although she had no other patients at the time). I also attempted to convey the seriousness of the situation and why it was important for me to see an endocrinologist as soon as possible. Without lifestyle or medicinal changes, my blood pressure climbed from 110/65 to 195/105 over a period of only five months. I was short of breathing and dizzy after walking up stairs and had chest pains throughout the day. Cardiovascular issues had all been ruled out and my internist thought thyroid issues were at the root of my symptoms. I literally begged the receptionist to ask the doctor again and began to cry saying how frightened I was and how I worried all the time about dropping dead and leaving my five little kids without a mom. The doctor was eating her lunch in a room off the reception area. She had heard the entire exchange. Once again, she snapped at the receptionist and said she refused to see me because her schedule was too busy. I left and did not make a follow-up appointment with her. I realized that I did not trust a doctor with such little empathy to make the right decisions about my medical care. Instead, I went outside my provider network to a group of providers in Dover New Hampshire and I'm very happy there. I can't imagine the number of doctors I have seen over the years, Between those seeing my children and my own doctors, it must be close, if not over, one hundred. This is truly the worst doctor I have ever met. None of the people I know who work within the healthcare system could fathom a professional behaving in this manner. So no. I do not recommend you use this doctor.

Awesome physician will recomend highiy

Dr. Mini Mahata is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hampton, NH.