Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mini Thomas has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
She took an EKG at Care Now when I thought I might have a little bronchitis, and she suspected heart problems. She found an abnormal EKG and sent me to the hospital ER. I was admitted to the hospital, tested and given cardiac meds to help a very weak heart. Her diagnosis probably saved my life. Thank you.
I have been seeing Dr. Thomas for several years now & she treats you like you are very important to her. The old fashioned Dr. patient relationship. She spends time getting to know you on your first visit, she is thorough, not only the first time but at all appointments. I have referred several people to her who have stayed & are just as happy as I am with her professionalism and personal attention.
Dr. Thomas is "Awesome" . Not only is she very pleasant , but compassionate as well. Her staff is wonderful. I have never had a Doctor who is able to take the time and explain everything to the patient, and also make sure that the follow up is adhered to. This Doctor actually deserves more stars than allowed. Her professional manner is outstanding. I Love her!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Mini Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mini Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coppell, TX.