Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mira Hellmann has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mira Hellmann has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 35
excellent doctor. excellent surgeon. sometimes difficult to get in touch with
At first i saw a young,caring and patient doctor.I had to have two biopsy's close together and wound up hemoraging and going to local hosp. to find out the dr. on call never told dr.hellman I was going to hosp. my local hosp did say you had 2 procedures so close together.I didn't think Dr. hellman did anything wrong still was confident in her.until the day of my hysterectomy what happened to Dr.Hellman rwj hosp was awful and she seemed like a diff. Dr. in there. After procedure that took far longer than told up in my room not knowing anything but pain asked for a dr. which the nurse said you only had hysterectomy I knew something was wrong by the amount of pain. day2 no dr. hellman dealt with vicious nurse wanting a dr.get a resident I have pnemonia didn't feel sick no fever still want my dr.day3 should be going home but I am not but don't know why because no dr. hellman. however the covering dr.neeves was kind and compassionate. oh i did see dr. hellman for about a min she says your small intestine fell during surgery no big deal. ok but the pain and when am I going home but she was gone already.If it wasn't for her associate I would've flipped more. so after day4 I can go home still no dr. hellman. obviously mistakes happen but explain to me. i still don't know what is going on with the colon. spoken to lawyer he told me go for the follow up.i will have major anxiety seeing a dr. who i trusted and bragged about. i feel the whole rwj experience was definitely not the place to go. I should've stayed in my area. never ever would I now say anything good about dr.hellman and the hosp. was even worse. nurses should pick another profession.I was a quiet and scared patient couldn't imagine if i was elderly.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Mira Hellmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mira Hellmann in this video.
Dr. Mira Hellmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackensack, NJ.