Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Miriam B Borden has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Miriam B Borden has the following 7 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 8
Won't go back
Self-verified patient of Dr. Miriam B Borden - Posted on July 18th, 2017
Doesn't allow questions or note taking. Talked down to me, put me down, insinuated I'm stupid because I had questions. Garbled instructions for a new prescription. I called her office twice to get instructions but no one ever called me back. She was rushed and actually rude. I felt desperate for help but will never go back.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Miriam B Borden - Posted on November 30th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Miriam B Borden - Posted on November 24th, 2015
I have seen Dr. Borden twice now. I have been impressed with her common sense and natural "feel" for her profession added to her education. This (to me) makes her skill even more so, along with the trust she instills because of this natural talent. Yes I would recommend her. And she had a good sense of humor. She is booked weeks in advance, but the staff helps get you in to see her as soon as they can, by letting you know of cancellations etc. which is greatly appreciated.
Best Rheumatologist in Lake Ozark Area
Self-verified patient of Dr. Miriam B Borden - Posted on March 18th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Miriam B Borden - Posted on November 1st, 2011
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office processes to reduce errors and increase quality.
Dr. Miriam B Borden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Miriam B Borden
Dr. Borden joined Lake Regional in 2004. She treats arthritis, connective tissue diseases and other diseases of the soft tissues, joints and muscles, including the following. -arthritis -joint and back pain -fibromyalgia -rheumatica -connective tissue diseases, such as lupus, scleroderma and polymyalgia
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Miriam B Borden, MD - Rheumatology in Marshall, MO, in this video.
Dr. Miriam B Borden is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Marshall, MO.