Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Miriam N Casal has the following 3 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Miriam N Casal is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
I went to Dr. Casal about 7 years ago and regretted it. She treated my issue every 2 weeks with no progress. This occurred for 2 months until I became fed up with the lack of progress. Started home treatment and within a month my issue had resolved itself. Average wait time in her office 2 to 2.5 hours.
Due to a mistake on the part of the clerical staff i had a lab bill going to a collections agency.While making mistakes for humans is somewhat understandable , not following up on them is unprofessional and unacceptable. The clerical staff entered the wrong address on my medical form even though i provided them with a correctly filled form, NY State ID and Insurance card.I got a proof of that when i called Dr.Casal's office asking them what address they had on file for me. When they sent my lab work for tests, they provided the wrong address info with it. The lab could not bill me at my current address due to the fact that the address info was incomplete so they pulled up my old address. That caused the lab bill to get lost until i got a call from a collection Agency. I called the lab and they do not have any account # on my name. I Dr. Casal's office staff to help out resolve this matter with the hope that they would do something to fix it. 2 weeks later while my bill is still at a collection agency. I will file further complaints to proper authority. It's my responsibility to pay the bill but it I need to be provided with one.
I just received a bill in the mail from 10 months ago labeled as a "New Office Visit". I went to this doctor 2 times, and they are charging me $160, $80 for each time I went as a new visit charge. I was never informed of the new office visit charge and when I call the office to complain about the charge no one answers the phone. Not to mention the prescription she gave me for tinea versicolor did not work as well as other medications I have received.
When I first called to make a an appt. they told me that there would be a co-pay depending on my insurance, when I went I paid the co-pay and they scheduled a follow-up (so there goes another co-pay), I stopped going for follow ups because I have the prescriptions that I need, but 4 months later I get a bill in the mail for $80 for a "new office visit charge" that I was never informed about! I am still fighting with the office to remove the charge.
39 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1979
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Miriam N Casal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO