Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Miriam DeAntonio
Dr. Miriam DeAntonio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. DeAntonio is affiliated with Charleston Memorial Hospital, Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Musc Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Miriam DeAntonio has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Miriam DeAntonio has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Miriam DeAntonio has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Miriam DeAntonio is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. DeAntonio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Charleston Memorial Hospital
Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Musc Medical Center
Ralph Henry Johnson Va Medical Center
Charleston Memorial Hospital
43 Years Experience
Medical University of South Carolina
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions109 Bee St, Charleston, SC
Dr. Miriam DeAntonio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.