Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Miriam R Raport has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Raport diagnosed my gall bladder problem and got me admitted to a hospital for surgery (after some confusion). She visited me once post surgery and when I suddenly felt very naseated, she RAN out of the room and got a nurse instead of helping me. I had complications due to a surgical error (never explained) and was hospitalized three more times. She never visited me and when she accidently saw me in the hallway on one admission, she cut me dead. She was great at diagnosing my rather obvious problem, but when there was any trouble, she offered no support. I wrote her a letter afterwards explaining my concern about not being told what had gone wrong in surgery: of course, she did not reply. I would never go to this uncaring, unsupportive doctor again.
26 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1992
New York Medical College
Dr. Miriam R Raport accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Miriam R Raport in this video.
Dr. Miriam R Raport is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.