Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Misha Basalaev
Dr. Misha Basalaev, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Brunswick, NJ. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Basalaev is affiliated with St Barnabas Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and St Peters University Hospital. Dr. Basalaev has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Misha Basalaev has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
He and his staff are kind and caring. Dr. Basalaev will always take the time to answer your questions about your diagnosis and his recommended treatment, including why he prescribed your medication, any side effects you may experience, and how and when you should take the prescribed medications. Among his patients we agree that he is an excellent diagnostician. Before I began seeing him, one doctor dismissed my heart murmur as nothing to worry about,he is a U.S. Govt. Physician that I went to for a health certificate to keep my license to drive heavy equipment, the other doctor told me that it probably wouldn't bother me and began treating me for something that i didn't have. Dr. Basalaev examined me and set an appointment with a cardiology group who in turn sent me to a heart surgeon. Those fine Doctors saved my life.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Basalaev is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1987
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Misha Basalaev accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedicus Medical Associates Llc, 561 Cranbury Rd Ste L, East Brunswick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Misha Basalaev in this video.
Dr. Misha Basalaev is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Brunswick, NJ.