Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mitchel S Hoffman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mitchel S Hoffman has the following 26 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Vaginal Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
- Celiac Disease
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Ovarian Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Vulvar Cancer
- Uterine Prolapse
- Pregnancy Complications, Neoplastic
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Female Genital Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
Dr. Mitchel S Hoffman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
I would not recommend Dr. Hoffman. My wife was his patient and she did not make it. Her diagnosis was completely missed and so she was treated for the wrong thing. Dr. Hoffman was her doctor and did not do enough when the treatments were not producing results. He should have questioned the diagnosis and looked at other possible diagnosis possibilities. If that had been done we may have saved my wife.
I'm sorry that another reviewer had such a lousy experience, but mine couldn't have been more different. After receiving the devastating news from my GYN that I had uterine cancer I was referred to Dr. Hoffman's office. I called immediately. Wonderful woman talked with me, very reassuring and kind. Made an appointment for me within a week. Throughout treatment, Dr. Hoffman included my husband in all our conversations, explained in great detail what was happening and our options. Felt very reassured and comforted. I didn't go looking for a "friend"...I was looking for the best possible physician to treat my cancer. And I found that in Dr. Hoffman and his team. Highly recommend them.
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mitchel S Hoffman in this video.
Dr. Mitchel S Hoffman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay Pines, FL.