2.2

Neutral

Worst Front Desk Manager

I have been seen by Dr.Katz for many years when the lead front desk office manager messed up on my insurance and did not let me know i had a lapse in insurance and tried to do insurance fraud to change the date so the claim will pay, She also made DR.Katz kick me out of his practice. Worst office ever. Please be cautious

Creepy/Misdiagnosis

I went to see this doctor after my primary care phys. recommended me to him. I remember walking in there feeling like I was in the wrong place, and the staff was not welcoming at all. This experience was just over all very off-putting especially when he "needed" a picture of me to document my health or for some strange/concerning reason that I overlooked at the time. When he started interviewing me, he asked me extremely biased questions all structured so my answers would have to support why he didn't think I had ADHD. I had done research myself and spoke to a primary care phys. that all pointed to ADHD and he didn't consider any of the symptoms I had and quickly dismissed them. Then he told me how "kids my age just want drugs". Throughout the entire appointment he had his eyes intermittently open and when they did open he was staring directly at my chest and never at my face. He sent me home with a packet to have my professor's fill out which I told him was not something I was comfortable asking of them. It all seemed like a ploy to get me to drop the thought of having ADHD. Since this dreadful appointment I have been diagnosed with ADHD by another doctor that suggested TO ME that I might have ADHD. I was discouraged in pursuing additional opinions given Dr. Katz's that I clearly shouldn't have trusted. In my opinion he needs to be closely reviewed by the medical board. There is something very off about this man.

A JOKE

I went to see him after struggling with ADHD issues. It took him months to get me in. And when I finally did, he was dismissive. He claims to be a "specialist physician," not a psychiatrist, which must be why he has absolutely zero clue about mental illness. I told him about my comorbid depression and he asked me if I was "sad" about something that happened recently. He only cares about making money, that much is clear from my experience and the experience of other reviewers. Not to mention that his office staff is COMPLETELY incompetant. And they will blame you for all of their own mistakes.

My daughter

My daughter sought this doctor out Gter her friend from college told her this provider gives out medication easily. My daughter was struggling with her studies but has nvr had issues in school. This provider easily diagnosed my daughter and provided her with medication she didnt need. My daughter who is now 25 is addicted to these medication and also has been prescribed another medication amphetamine in extremely high dosage by this provider. He needs to be stopped. I'm a concerned mother who very well knows my daughter has never had ADD or ADHD or any other medical issues prior to this. Stay away from this man who is hurting kids

Beware....

Dr. was very friendly but that's the only positive comment I will make. The whole experience was "odd". Dr. was coughing a lot & looked like he was falling asleep! His eyes were actually closing & he had to move around to become more alert. Dr. focused on his notepad & asked questions that were not related to my issues. Dr. could care less my daughter was present & only greeted her & asked her age. The office was also strange. Yes, very neat, clean, artwork on the wall but it was lacking something. There wasn't any information on ADHD/Autism...magazines that pertained to the Dr. specialties. You would never know this was a pediatricians office if you accidentally walked in. Our appointment was a complete waste of time & can't believe the Dr. says he is a specialist with over 20 years experience. I felt like I had found more knowledge then the Dr. from my research. Please do not use this Dr. for testing or an opinion. Please research your options & ask a lot of questions on services provided.

I was very disappointed. He is friendly, jolly and polite. However, the following issues are not acceptable and border on negligence 1. He appeared to doze during initial consultation. Also, my son told me " the doctor was falling asleep" when he met alone with him. 2. I received 2 wrong prescriptions in the mail 3. Medical records contained information about my son's medical hx which was incorrect. 4. Office notes contained statements which contradicted what he told my husband and I during consultation. Essentially ... lies! In his defense, he probably has untreated sleep apnea related to morbid obesity and can not help dozing! However, if you need a quick diagnosis and medication without having to wait 2-3 months for an appt. at other comprehensive ADHD centers... you may consider appt here while waiting for appt elsewhere.

Best Doctor In The World

Go to this doctor if you want your child to get the medication they need to function. the first appointment I had Dr. Katz knew exactly what medication to give my child and showed me he had back up ideas in case the first medication he prescribed to my child didn't work. Please go to this doctor

Fantastic doctor!

I was referred to Dr. Katz by my pediatrician to determine if my school aged daughter might have ADHD. At our initial visit he spent about an hour with me, asking all sorts of questions, in order to get a complete picture of my daughter's issues. I found him interested and easy to speak to He was able to answer all my questions about what type of evaluation he would need to do and how long it would take. He then spent several sessions with my daughter as part of the process and then spent over an hour going over all the results with me and my husband. He has an excellent manner and knows his material very well. He discussed treatment options that included medication and those that did not. My husband and I were completely at ease with him.

Dr. Mitchel G Katz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rocky Hill, CT.