Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mitchell T Alderson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Mitchell T Alderson has the following 13 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
Showing 4 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mitchell T Alderson - Posted on June 21st, 2018
I have seen several cardiologist and Dr Alderson is way above the others in every category. His staff is very friendly and helpful. I trust Dr Alderson and he always takes his time to explain results of test. He always has a smile and shows true compassion for his patient's. I couldn't ask for a more knowledgeable and caring Doctor !!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mitchell T Alderson - Posted on May 3rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mitchell T Alderson - Posted on February 27th, 2014
It takes several weeks to get an appointment, he consistently runs 30-45 minutes behind schedule, he will not give you test results over the phone you have to make an appointment and come into the office. Each time I have seen him, I leave the office thinking I need to find another heart doctor. I keep going back only because his office is close and easy to get to.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mitchell T Alderson - Posted on November 19th, 2009
Dr. Alderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Mitchell T Alderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Mitchell T Alderson
M. Todd Alderson, M.D., FACC, joined the South Carolina Heart Center in July 2004. Prior to joining, Dr. Alderson was in practice in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Dr. Alderson holds a medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis, Indiana. He completed his internal medicine residency at the University of Arizona and his cardiology fellowship at the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Locations & DirectionsSOUTH CAROLINA HEART CENTER, 1330 Haile St, Camden, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mitchell T Alderson, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Camden, SC, in this video.
Dr. Mitchell T Alderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Camden, SC.