Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mitchell D Burnbaum has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Mitchell D Burnbaum has the following 8 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Mitchell D Burnbaum is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I had a closed head injury 2002 and this is what he told my doctor over the phone..."I spoke with Mitch Burnbaum about her and he felt that there is probably no other testing that needed to be done. Nothing to do but let it resolve. He is happy to see her if we need, but sounds like he was not enthusiastic about that as there would not be much else to do and symptoms were compatible with closed head injury."
First time I saw him, diagnosed with 'dystonia' oh so certain that, but no explanation how I ended up that way. Three years later, I'm having seizures, vision loss, cerebral pressure, symptoms that are NOT dystonia. He refuses to have me get MRI, does same lame tests he did before, and now adds in my chart 'patient is more moody then before' . Yeah well great he thinks he's a shrink now, and his ego/refusal to take in account the new symptoms, or even think about what caused my initial symptoms in the first place reflect a doctor that doesn't think about what may be causing a previously extremely healthy athletic outdoor person to be reduced to a shaking, half-blind, barely able to walk, unemployed person. He should retire. No I wouldn't recommend him. If he had sent me for the MRI, before I became to ill to work, I wouldn't still be paying for it, and it would've show brain abnormalities which I still don't have a diagnosis of why or what is causing my illness.
46 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Mitchell D Burnbaum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Monument Health Tier 1
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWestern Colorado Radiologic Associates, 2530 N 8th St Ste 206, Grand Junction, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mitchell D Burnbaum in this video.
Dr. Mitchell D Burnbaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Junction, CO.