Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mitchell L Kaphan has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 11
Although I too have gripes about the management & front desk just have so many people booked at the same times, so the wait can be a while, he's one dr. who is absolutely worth it! He's smart, funny, intuitive and so accurate. I've been to quite a few ortho's before and have severe rhuematoid arthritis, also with past injuries and I've been shuffled around or been just been medicated. Or one Dr. who is the Ortho surgeon to many major sports teams, put in his file to do several surgeries in 2005, but still seeing him in 2010 he hadn't done 'jack'! And refused to see me anymore because I read a page from my OPEN folder. Dr. Kaphan is honest, open, right to the point. He does the correct testing and makes choices TOGETHER with me. It ma take a bit of a wait to see him, but believe me he is TOTALLY WORTH IT!
This is a great doctor but the wait time is ridiculous. The front desk obviously triple books appointments for this doctor which is utterly ridiculously especially for someone who is in a lot of pain. It's not humane to keep people in a waiting room for more than 2 hours for a 10 minute visit. The front desk needs better training when it comes to booking appointments. It shouldn't be about quantity but quality of the visit. He is a great doctor but I wouldn't recommend him to anyone because of the ridiculous amount of wait time.
Dr. Kaphan is very very knowledgeable doctor. I was very happy that I had an opportunity to speak to him for my father. The staff is excellent. The new office looks beautiful. I would recommend everyone. They also have other specialists : neurology, podiatry, eye doctors who performed surgery for my father as well.
I have never been so disappointed with the level of service received at a doctors office. The staff is not only unfriendly and could care less of the patients but they're also incompetent, I have never seen a group of people in one place who don't know what they're doing. it's been an entire week and they kept shuffling me around to get an mri for my husband, once they were finally able to do that i called to schedule the appointment at the facility, on the day of the appointment i especially called the office to make sure they faxed the referral over (which they had not done) i was told they were doing it it right away. when we arrived at the facility after being able to leave work early to do so we arrive there to find out no referral was sent so they turned us away. and my husband is still walking around with a swollen knee and in pain. So much has happened in this place i don't even know where to begin, they tried to make him get physical theraphy telling me his mri won't be approved without it when it was infact approved, they only went about the approval process when I told them I had worked for an orthopeadic surgeon and I know how everything works. I don't trust this place at all and I certainly don't reccomend anyone in their right mind to go either.
41 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1977
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Mitchell L Kaphan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeil Y Morgenstern Md, 5629 Metropolitan Ave, Ridgewood, NY
Dr. Mitchell L Kaphan is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Ridgewood, NY.