Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mitchell A Khan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mitchell A Khan has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Mitchell A Khan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Khan seemed to be a great doctor at first. It wasn't until after I had my baby when things went bad. I had to have a Mirena inserted and he went through both of my uterine walls and never knew or felt that he was doing that. I was in horrible pain why he was doing it but never questioned it or took an ultrasound to find out why I was in pain. I have never had one done before so I didn't know what to expect. 3 months later I was still having problems with it and I then had an ultrasound. It took them an hour to find it. It was floating in my body and not where it should have been at all. So I had to have surgery to have it removed. Kind of crazy that a OBGYN doctor didn't realize or feel that he went through two walls of my uterus and then never questioned the pain I was having. Horrible experience that should have went very smooth with such a standard procedure.
I found Dr. Kahn and his nurse Deb to be more concerned with their own convenience and lives than mine. They wanted me to drive quite a distance for a procedure I could have done in my town just because they had some personal problems with the people in my town who would be conducting the procedure. I also was shoved to the side for a personal reason on another test I needed to have done. I had to go to the hospital for it instead of the usual clinic and then I almost didn't get to have it performed because the nurse gave me the wrong instructions about eating beforehand. Luckily, I had read up on the test and had followed my own instincts, but it still was touch and go because I had eaten a little and wasn't supposed to eat at all.
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Mitchell A Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsMitchell Alan Khan Do, 713 E 1st St, Pella, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mitchell A Khan in this video.
Dr. Mitchell A Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pella, IA.