Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mitchell C Kuppinger
Dr. Mitchell C Kuppinger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, TX. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Kuppinger is affiliated with Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South and Texas Health Arlington Memorial. He speaks English.
Dr. Mitchell C Kuppinger has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Mitchell C Kuppinger has the following 7 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Kuppinger is patient and friendly, he has a broad spectrum of knowledge involving the lungs. He is one of the very few in Texas who offer the procedure for insertion of a Trans Tracheal Oxygen Catheter (TTO2)as an excellent alternative to the standard use of a canula those with impared lungs and requiring supplemental O2. I highly recomment him for those interested in exercising and becoming more active by using the TTO2 equipment.
Dr. Kuppinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Mitchell C Kuppinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsTexas Pulmonary And Critical Care Consultants Pa, 911 Medical Centre Dr Ste C, Arlington, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mitchell C Kuppinger in this video.
Dr. Mitchell C Kuppinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.