Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mitchell D Martin
Dr. Mitchell D Martin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with other offices in Chattanooga, TN and Knoxville, TN (and 1 other location). He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Physicians Regional Medical Center, Starr Regional Medical Center Athens and Jefferson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Martin has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mitchell D Martin has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Martin and his staff took excellent care of my dad and gave him more time with my mom and me and a good quality of life during that time. He never gave up fighting hard to keep Dad with us, but was always up front about the reality of the situation and how advanced my dad's cancer already was. He honestly cares and becomes attached to his patients which you don't always find with medical professionals. Dad considered him to be a friend, not just a doctor. His associates and nursing staff are also the best out there. They work hard to keep the office a positive and upbeat environment. Mom and I got to know the nurses as we would sit with Dad during his chemo treatments there in the office. I recommend him to anyone I hear has been diagnosed or is in the process of being diagnosed with cancer.
Dr. Martin saved my husband's life nine years ago. He took control of my husband's cancer treatment and got us through the next very difficult year. We owe him a great deal of gratitude.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Mitchell D Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mitchell D Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.