Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mitchell E Simons has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Mitchell E Simons has the following 3 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Mitchell E Simons has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mitchell E Simons is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 75
Doctor Simons is the meanest, rudest Doctor ive ever seen. My experience was horrible, painful injections, Forced me to take Cymbalta, been on pain management for 8 years and never have been prescribed this, it doesn't work and has terrible side affects, He wouldn't listen to anything I had to say very cocky, and down right mean. Took all me meds away for no reason and prescribed Cymbalta in its place, suffered in a great deal of pain, I told him this he flat out wouldt look at me or answer me, just got up and left... he should not be practicing at all........... wait times are extremely long, staff all looks miserable, and getting your scripts is usually a 45 minute wait after you have seen the doctor. Got out of there quick and found an awesome pain specialist....
worst doctor I have ever been too, on my first visit he cut 75 percent of my pain med with no warning, just cold turkey, bullied me into an injection which hurt extremely bad , he was rough rude and cold, if I tried to explain ANY THING at all he got mad and yelled at me even walked out of the room...its the worst doctor visit ive ever experienced, even people in the lobby were complaining...never going back
I went to his office for a little over 6 months. The staff appears as if they hate their job. Dr. Simmons was kind at first but was terrible at communicating. He didn't want to listen to me, pushed many heavy meds right away and wasn't open to alternative therapies. There was nothing personal or compassionate about that office. It wasn't until I found another pain management doctor that I fully realised how awful Dr Simmons is and how unkind & unhappy his staff really is.
Dr. Simons is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Mitchell E Simons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsGreater Cincinati Pain Management Center, 4243 Hunt Rd, Blue Ash, OH
Dr. Mitchell E Simons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Blue Ash, OH.