Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allan M Smith
Dr. Allan M Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Huntingdon Valley, PA, with another office in Elkins Park, PA. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Moss Rehabilitation Einstein At Elkins Park. Dr. Smith has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Allan M Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allan M Smith has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Allan M Smith has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Sorry to hear about his retirement! Very good man excellent doctor. Someone has very big shoes to fill!!
I have been a patient of Dr, Smith for 4 years. I have never had a more caring, professional and understanding Doctor in my life. I am not the easiest of patients. Dr. Smith explains in ways I can understand - what is going on with my health issue's. He also to the best of his ability tries to get me to make certain lifestyle changes that would be beneficial to me. I could not give any higher recommendation for outstanding, personal care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Dr. Allan M Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allan M Smith in this video.
Dr. Allan M Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntingdon Valley, PA.