Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mitzi C Brock
Dr. Mitzi C Brock, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL, with another office in Jacksonville, FL. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Brock is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches and UF Health Jacksonville. Dr. Brock has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Mitzi C Brock has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Mitzi C Brock has the following 12 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Weight Loss
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
Dr. Mitzi C Brock has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 36
If you are considering a hysterectomy, consult with several physicians to choose one that has the most experience and can best handle complications should they arise. Dr. Brock performed a hysterectomy on me four years ago, and I have been bleeding ever since. Obviously something went wrong. Before the hysterectomy, I thought highly of her based on her personality. Now I know personality means nothing in the operating room. Numerous physicians later, I have no answers, and no fix. Botched job perhaps? It should have been a simple hysterectomy, but for some reason became complicated. After the hysterectomy, I followed up for the continued bleeding. Silver nitrite did nothing to stop the bleeding. I honestly remember feeling as though she knew something went wrong, but was hoping that I didn't return. For someone who did not have an OB, I would have assumed that since she did a hysterectomy on me, I would continue seeing her on an annual basis. When I asked her if I should schedule a yearly follow-up, and she mentioned I didn't need to see her again...that should have been my first clue that she didn't want to see me again full well knowing that something had gone wrong. When other complications arose, she happened to be on vacation when I was hoping to see her. I tried to see, and consult with any other doctor in her office that could see me. I was totally dismissed by the nursing and office staff. They were less than accommodating and downright rude. Without any other options, I ended up going to the hospital emergency room. Do I recommend Dr. Brock? No, I sadly do not.
I saw her during my pregnancy at 42 yrs old and continue to see her for my OBGYN needs. She is warm, caring and very professional while being down-to-earth and extremely personable. If at times I have to wait a little longer to see her, I'm good with that because I know she is devoting time to the care of her patients!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Brock is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Mitzi C Brock accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mitzi C Brock, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Jacksonville, FL, in this video.
Dr. Mitzi C Brock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.