Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mitzie J Hewitt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Hewitt and her P.A.'s have missed some more serious issues with various family members who see her. They now go to Traverse City for their medical appointments. I do not care for how she talks with me, in a voice that she would use with a young child. The nurses do not return calls in a timely manner, and sometimes don't return them at all. They often seem very rushed, especially when giving injections. There have been mix-ups on prescriptions. I often feel like I'm bothering the receptionist when I call. Due to all of these issues and others I'm not mentioning, I have decided to leave this clinic.
Poor quality period. The wait time would take up my entire afternoon. Never on time once in 3 years. NOT concerned with the meds she was handing out or the side effects. When I did my homework on a med...she was angry and simply cut me off with I never heard of that....then I gave her the web address...unbelievable. Getting prescriptions filled on time were a nightmare. I should of insisted on going to see Dr. Hewitt directly. This could of helped. Carrie her assistant does not have the people skills or compassion to work with the sick. I am sorry I stuck with them as long as I did. I am now at another Doctor (Crystal Lake) and I have never had any of these issues. This clinic never did follow up calls...you called them if you could get through. Even some of the reception staff was rude. It was apparent that people did not like their jobs.
Dr. Hewitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Munson Medical Center
Dr. Mitzie J Hewitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthern Pines Health Center, 11293 N M 37 Ste A, Buckley, MI
Dr. Mitzie J Hewitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buckley, MI.