Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Moeen Abedin has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Moeen Abedin has the following 11 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
Dr. Moeen Abedin is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Glad I went to him
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moeen Abedin - Posted on December 6th, 2017
review of dr moooen Abedin md
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moeen Abedin - Posted on October 15th, 2016
Excellent doctor with old fashion patient care
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moeen Abedin - Posted on September 23rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moeen Abedin - Posted on March 20th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moeen Abedin - Posted on November 1st, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Moeen Abedin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Moeen Abedin
Dr. Moeen grew up in El Paso. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the California Institute of Technology in 1994, and MD degree from UT Southwestern in Dallas in 1998. He completed residency training in Internal Medicine at The Johns Hopkins Hospital before returning to UT Southwestern for fellowship training in Cardiovascular Disease. He then spent 2 years as a Clinical Instructor and Research Fellow, studying vascular calcification at UCLA, before completing fellowship training in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology at the University of Utah in 2007. After completing Electrophysiology training, he spent 3 years as Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Oklahoma, working with and learning from Dr. Sonny Jackman and Dr. Hiroshi Nakagawa. Dr. Jackman performed the first radiofrequency catheter ablation. Dr. Moeen moved to El Paso in May, 2010. He is the Director of Electrophysiology at Del Sol Medical Center and Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, both in El Paso.
Locations & DirectionsARRHYTHMIA SPECIALIST OF EL PASO, 1701 N Lee Trevino Dr Ste C, El Paso, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Moeen Abedin, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in El Paso, TX, in this video.
Dr. Moeen Abedin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near El Paso, TX.