Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohammad R Karami-Sichani has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Mohammad R Karami-Sichani has the following 14 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 5 of 19
I use this site to base my judgment of whether or not I will choose a Doctor, so I wanted to share my experience in the hopes that it will help you. The staff in the office were very welcoming and made everything very easy(although they had me sign waivers saying certain things were explained to me, even though they were not). I needed to see a psychiatrist ASAP because I have very bad anxiety and paranoia and I could not handle it anymore. Dr. Karamis office took me in right away, which felt like a blessing because I felt like I would finally get the help I need. Dr. Karami is a very soft spoken and nice gentlemen; however he said that I had major depressive disorder and started naming symptoms off of a list, that I never said I had, maybe he wasn't listening? (ex. Feeling of worthlessness, extreme sadness etc.) I was not there for depression, although I had depression and was on depression medication in the past. But it did not help my anxiety, in fact the three different depression medications I took made my anxiety worse. Dr. Karami said he could give me a different type of depression medication and/or recommended that I see a councilor.He didn't explain or give me a diagnoses and neither of these two solutions gave me the help I needed and still desperately need. Overall I feel very defeated and am $200.00 short. Dr. Karami is a very nice person with a nice staff and he got me in right away, which was very nice, but I feel defeated.
best dr ever
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
33 Years Experience
Universidad Tecnologica De Santiago
Graduated in 1985
G W Hubbard Hospital Meharry College
Dr. Mohammad R Karami-Sichani accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
Locations & DirectionsArizona Advanced Health Services, 2222 S Dobson Rd Ste 103, Mesa, AZ
Dr. Mohammad R Karami-Sichani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.