Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohamed N Akl
Dr. Mohamed N Akl, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mesa, AZ, with another office in Scottsdale, AZ. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Akl is affiliated with Banner Gateway Medical Center. Dr. Akl has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohamed N Akl has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Uterine Prolapse
- Inflammation of Urethra (Urethritis)
- Fallen Bladder (Cystocele)
- Fecal Incontinence
- Urinary Incontinence
- Painful Urination (Dysuria)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
Dr. Mohamed Akl is a very caring, kind and proficient surgeon. He is not pushy. He simply told me my options and left the decision to me to go ahead with prolapse and hysterectomy surgery or not. His office quickly got my surgery scheduled within 2 weeks of my initial visit. Dr. Akl visited by room after my surgery and again the next evening to make sure I was doing OK. Its been a week since surgery and if you study the new patient packet you receive at the time of scheduling surgery and follow it to the letter, you should have no problems with recuperation. The staff has been very kind and attentive and concerned for my needs. I would recommend Dr. Mo Akl to friends and family.
I have had nothing but the most positive experience with Dr. Akl. He is especially concerned that the patient understand the condition and know the various options for treatment. Every time I've seen him, I've felt no time constraints. It is like he has my undivided attention and he truly cares about me.
Dr. Akl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 2000
Michigan State University
Dr. Mohamed N Akl accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohamed N Akl in this video.
Dr. Mohamed N Akl is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.