The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohamed Alassas
Dr. Mohamed Alassas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with another office in Jacksonville, FL. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Surgical Oncology. Dr. Alassas is affiliated with Saint Vincent's Medical Center, Shands Jacksonville Medical Center and Memorial Hospital Jacksonville. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohamed Alassas has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Mohamed Alassas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Alassas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Vincent's Medical Center
Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
Memorial Hospital Jacksonville
Baptist Medical Center
Baptist Medical Center - Nassau
Orange Park Medical Center Inc
Baptist Medical Center - Beaches
St Lukes -St Vincents Healthcare
Baptist - South
Norwalk Hospital Association
Baptist - Beaches
16 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1996
Louisiana State University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohamed Alassas in this video.
Dr. Mohamed Alassas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.