Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any additional information.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohamed Aswad MD
Dr. Mohamed Aswad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Deming, NM. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Aswad is affiliated with Mimbres Memorial Hospital and Deming Hospital Corporation. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohamed Aswad has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Mohamed Aswad has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mohamed Aswad - Posted on April 16th, 2016
A+ Medical Practice
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mohamed Aswad - Posted on February 1st, 2016
WE APPLAUD YOU DR. ASWAD
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mohamed Aswad - Posted on March 16th, 2015
High Praise for Dr. Aswad
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mohamed Aswad - Posted on June 14th, 2012
Dr. Aswad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mimbres Memorial Hospital
Deming Hospital Corporation
22 Years Experience
University Of Aleppo
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Mohamed Aswad Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Mohamed Aswad's office for more information.
1020 S 8th St Deming, NM : (575) 546-3750
Locations & Directions1020 S 8th St, Deming, NM
Dr. Mohamed Aswad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Deming, NM.