Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohamed R Dattu has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Dattu is the first psychiatrist who would really listen to me. He never talks down to me and remembers me and what is going on in my life. I feel he really cares about me as a person. He is the first doctor to really get my meds right and is a vital part of my support team. I have gone from someone who barely functions to a person that can fully participate in life.
The staff was courteous and helpful. Dr. Dattu would get my lowest ratings if possible. The only good thing I can say is that he did spend the proper amount of time with me, but was way off in diagnosing me or listening to my complaints. He kept saying he likes to keep things low and slow which resulted in lower dosages that never helped, months and months on the same dose and only when I told him that the medications weren't really effective, all he did was give me handouts to read - that had nothing to do with how I was feeling. When I called to follow up about complaints or concerns about the medications, he never called me back - ever. No bedside manner, no concern and never listened. He basically did what he wanted to do. I would never recommend him and if they tell you to see him, you really shouldn't as he just does not listen to you. It was a waste of time and money. I would give zero stars, and only am giving stars for the staff, who really felt for me and felt bad. He seemed very put out to have to call a patient. I'm still shaking my head.
Met Dr. Dattu at his private office within Main Line Counseling & Wellness Center in Haverford, PA. Beautiful office space and quick appointment time there, though he doesn't accept insurance. He works alongside integrative health care practitioners, so he is open to many different types of treatments that work. Dr. Dattu is pretty laid back, and works really hard to get to know you as an individual and find out what works for you. Thankful to have found him.
Dr. Mohamed R Dattu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAssociates of Springfield Psychological, 1489 Baltimore Pike Ste 250, Springfield, PA
Dr. Mohamed R Dattu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, PA.