Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohamed A El-Awady has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Showing 3 of 3
it's a no-brainer one-liner: He has a god complex. In addition to that, though, i concluded during my 2 forced check-ups with him that he was angry about something basically - perhaps he's been persecuted for 'looking like the bad guys'. Or maybe he just especially enjoys humiliating women. Whatever the reason, though, I felt a cold chill with him that i'd never EVER felt with any other doctor. He said things that implied he could and would make my life absolutely miserable if the whim struck him (with a smirk on his face), that i was completely within his power and a few other unprofessional choice comments. And he particularly seemed to enjoy talking to me in this manner. I'd sooner confer with my labrador than with that sorry excuse of a psychiatrist. His 'bedside manner' gave me problems i never had in the first place!! such as: thinking i will NEVER go to another psych doctor after having to deal with his attitude. he frightened me. Shall i go on? No. I think sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
27 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1991
University Of Texas Health System
Locations & DirectionsNorwood Health Center, 1600 N Chestnut Ave, Marshfield, WI
Dr. Mohamed A El-Awady is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marshfield, WI.