Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohamed Hassan
Dr. Mohamed Hassan, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Farmington, CT. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Hassan is affiliated with Hartford Hospital, Institute of Living Hartford Hospital's Mental Health Network and University of Connecticut Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohamed Hassan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Restless Legs Syndrome
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Hassan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Institute of Living Hartford Hospital's Mental Health Network
University of Connecticut Health Center
John Dempsey Hospital Of The University Of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT
Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT
Uconn Health CenterJohn Dempsey Hospital
40 Years Experience
University Of Leeds
Graduated in 1973
University Of Ottawa Faculty Of Medicine
Dr. Mohamed Hassan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohamed Hassan in this video.
Dr. Mohamed Hassan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, CT.