Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohamed Shakir
Dr. Mohamed Shakir, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bethesda, MD. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shakir is affiliated with Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and National Naval Medical Center - Bethesda. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohamed Shakir has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 2 of 2
I saw Dr. Shakir for over a year and each time he spent less than 5 minutes with me, but he was always running late and complaining about how busy he was. Always acted as if I was wasting his time. He misdiagnosed me with fibromyalgia and I actually had an autoimmune disorder which has now damaged my kidneys due to his lack of care.
Dr. Shakir is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
National Naval Medical Center - Bethesda
43 Years Experience
Calicut Medical College
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Mohamed Shakir accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWalter Reed National Military Medical Center, 4494 N PALMER Rd, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Mohamed Shakir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.